Another one of our favorite Spring Cleaning posts is all about how to keep the toilet spic and span without using a ton of harsh chemicals: a lot safer for the environment and for the pet that likes to sneak a drink (gross, we know, but true to life). Our favorite non-toxic cleansers after the jump:
Yes, we have a kitty that will gladly drink out of the toilet if the lid accidentally gets left up so we try not to use harsh cleansers. We also hate cleaning the toilet so we try to do it often to keep the gross factor to a minimum. These are some of our favorite 'natural' cleaners:
• Use Tang or any powder drink with citric acid to dissolve rust stains and add some grit for cleaning that porcelain.
• Use Coke to clean up those rings if you don't have any Tang on hand.
• Not for the faint of heart: toothpaste...on a toothbrush for lingering stains.
• Try putting a cup of white vinegar in before you swish away.
• If you feel better using a real product, try one of Mrs. Meyers Products that come in satisfyingly clean smells. Method and Trader Joes have some good alternatives too.
[image: kimberly hurst]