Yes the dreaded moment arrives for all of us. Time to clean the toilet. The only way we've made the task a bit less gross is by doing it often, before things get, um, out of hand. Our favorite non-toxic cleansers after the jump
:We have a kitty that will gladly drink out of the toilet if the lid accidentally gets left up so we try not to use harsh cleansers. These are some of our favorites:
• Use Tang or any powder drink with citric acid to dissolve rust stains and add some grit for cleaning that porcelain.
• Use Coke to clean up those rings if you don't have any Tang on hand.
• Not for the faint of heart: toothpaste...on a toothbrush for lingering stains.
• Try putting a cup of white vinegar in before you swish away.
• If you feel better using a real product, try one of Mrs. Meyers Products that come in satisfyingly clean smells.
[image: kimberly hurst]