66 Square Feet
| A mix of travel, entertaining and small-space urban gardening.
I'm in the early phases of taking advantage of my new urban balcony. While the marigolds, tomatoes, purple basil, sweet potato vine and Nasturtiums are holding on in the bright sun, these are my favorite New York sources for gardening inspiration!
• 1 66 Square Feet | A mix of travel, entertaining and small-space urban gardening.
• 2 Brooklyn Farm | Urban farming in a Carroll Gardens backyard — wonderful photos and practical advice.
• 3 Brooklyn Roof Garden | Great inspiration and growing archive of fun and practical tips, products, events and urban gardening eye-candy.
• 4 A Way to Garden | A wealth of knowledge, stellar photography and a supportive gardening community hosted by Margaret Roach.
• 5 BKLYN BKYARD A Tumblr blog of a laid-back mix of entertaining, gardening and backyard DIY from a Brooklyn backyard — lots of fun photos!
• 6 Mapleton-BKLYN | Well-documented and practical tips for urban gardeners — an emphasis on edible gardens.
• 7 Flatbush Gardener A nearly-overwhelming source of all things Brooklyn Gardens including sources for events, community groups and garden-centric news.
• 8 New York City Garden | Great images and helpful advice — great inspirational source.
• 9 Garden Bytes | Seasonal tips and peeks at NYC-area gardens from garden experts Ellen Spector Platt and Ellen Zachos.
• 10 Manhattan Rooftop Garden Project Great archives for inspiration — but no recent updates!
Do you have favorite gardening/outdoor blogs in New York or elsewhere? Share your suggestions in the comments!