They say you never get a second chance to make a first impression — and your entryway, be it a sweeping stair hall or a humble alcove, is the first impression visitors will get of your home. It's also the first place you'll land when coming home after a day at work or a long weekend away, and a sort of waystation for all the random accumulated stuff of life. So get inspired by these entry halls from our 2012 house tours.
1. Sarah's Supremely Stylish West Village Home
2. Marianna & Micah's Slices of the South
3. Paige Blackburn's Cozy Mapleton Hill Home
4. Justine & Angus Cook Up Some Style in Toronto
5. Leila & Buff's Beautiful Beach Abode
6. Julie's Artful Home in D.C.
7. Susan's Adventure for the Senses
8. Anna & Joe's Living History in Georgetown
9. Anna and Jeff's Southwest Kitsch
10. The Pineapple Housewife's Happy Home
Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2012 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)