I have a thing for pattern in interiors, wallpaper especially. I love the pure decor chutzpah of embracing a beautiful pattern in such a big way - there is something exciting about taking on the design challenge of such a strong commitment. Fellow wallpaperers, I salute you! For those contemplating this choice currently, there is a great crop of new British (they know what they are doing when it comes to pattern!) papers out this Fall - here are some favorites from the "what's new' file:
1. Anrapali Wallpaper from Designers Guild
2. Do the Stretch Wallpaper from the Vintage by Hemingway Collection from Graham & Brown
3. Circus Wallpaper from the Geometric Collection from Cole & Son
4. Loopy Lines from the Vintage by Hemingway Collection from Graham & Brown
5. Ottelia Wallpaper from Designers Guild
6. Hexagon Wallpaper from the Geometric Collection from Cole & Son
7. Deco Diamond from the Vintage by Hemingway Collection from Graham & Brown
8. Jacaranda Wallpaper from Designers Guild
9. ZigZag Wallpaper from the Bloomsbury Collection from Sanderson (seen through the doorway)
10. Mehsama Wallpaper from Designers Guild (also the lead image on post)
As you can see, the new British collections this season are heavy on both florals and geometrics, with a few seriously retro looks showing up in the mix. Color stories range from true multicolored looks to nearly monochromatic - with plenty of grays taking centerstage.
Like anything you see from the new collections? Share thoughts on what works in the comments below...
Images: as linked above