This weekend I discovered that we had a desperate need for an outdoor dining table. After years of carrying the inside dining table outside (which I sort of like), Sara Kate said, "enough", and I went on the hunt to find an acceptable outdoor dining table that doesn't look or feel junky or make me feel guilty for consuming more crap. Here are my top picks at a range of prices in wood and metal with a bit of a modern and traditional mix..... Got a recommendation? Comment below.... My Top Picks:
>> Lister S-Line Teak Folding Table from Curran
- Curran is a great source for aspirational, hard to find outdoor furniture brands at a better price. This is a great table with pressure molded teak and a stainless steel frame.
>> Inox Table from DWR
- This Swiss-made stainless steel table is a really durable stylish modern pick (and on SALE right now). Catherine and Larry like using the smaller, round versio
n on their balcony.
>> Eddy Table from CB2
- This Inox copy is a nice, lower budget alternative if you're looking for a small two seater.
>> Broadway Teak Table from Gardenside
- This came in as a tip from a reader while looking for the accompanying outdoor chairs
>> Square and Round Folding Bistro Tables
- These classic, all metal French designs are affordable, tough and you can put them away in the winter.
>> Teak Folding Bistro Tables
- From the same source, these are still simple, though a nice, wood upgrade.
>> Weekender Table from CB2
- This is a nice, parson's style, affordable design for four to six people. Made of solid plantation-grown eucalyptus wood, it's also considered a green product.
Reader Top Picks
>> Plateau Tables by Material Process - from Niina: "perfect for outdoor use -- the material is heavy, weatherproof, and beautifully designed (the designer is DESU Design's David Scott)."
>> Ikea Malaro - from Sara Kate
>> Mendocino Table from Crate & Barrel - from Penny in NYC: "It's a classic teak table - simple and clean lined. I'm using it with 4 of the CB2 Sunny chairs in white, and 2 vintage white wire Bertoia chairs."
>> Miika Espresso Folding Table and Baja Dining Table by World Market - from Thomas: "Its cheap and good looking"
>> Luma and Etra Tables by Modern Outdoor - from Greg in Pasadena, CA
Editor Top Picks:
>> Zinc Folding Table from NapaStyle - Nice design, but a bit on the expensive side...
>> Veranda Tile Dining Table from Crate & Barrel - Aaron saw this in person and really liked it. With a warm, clay tile top that is sanded smooth, it has a lot more style than you'd expect.
>> Custom Outdoor Dining Table Picnic Style from Nellies - Found this a few years ago and still love it, though it's a custom solution and not easily available.
>> Pistachio Bistro Patio Table for Small Outdoor Spaces
>> Dirk Wynants' Gargantua Table for Extremis - Very imaginative and practical big round table
Other Places To Look
>> Room & Board Outdoor Tables - Good quality, good style...
>> Smith & Hawken Outdoor Tables - Good quality, not a lot of style....
>> Restoration Hardware Outdoor Tables - Good quality, a little less style...
>> Westminster Teak Outdoor Tables - All teak all the time
>> Janus et Cie - Specializing in top of the line European imports