June is Outdoors Month on Apartment Therapy. We've already rounded up some great picnic equipment, but there is one picnic essential that we haven't covered yet. The picnic blanket. Whether you use a classic Pendleton or a newer waterproof model, be sure to keep it in the trunk of your car or in your bike basket for impromptu picnics throughout the summer. (In our hunt, we came across a picnic blanket for $139! Bet you can't spot the most expensive one!)
Did you guess that Blanket 7 (pink and blue stripes) was the most expensive blanket. $139 from Jack Wills.
• 1 Eco Picnic Blanket, from etsy seller SewnNatural, $54.00
• 2 Sunshine Blanket Tote, starting at: $19.60 (Kohls has the striped tote for sale, $15.99)
• 3 Carnavale Picnic Blanket, Crate and Barrel, $39.95
• 4 Ground Tamer Blanket, $30
• 5 Vintage Pendleton picnic blanket, from etsy seller oragracevintage, $38.00
• 6 Damask waterproof picnic blanket from etsy seller MYOCD
• 7 Marionville Picnic Blanket, Jack Wills, $139
• 8 Picnic Blanket, $14.95
If you're feeling crafty, you make your own picnic blanket with these instructions from Design Sponge.