Shopping for a fridge can be overwhelming - it's such a big ticket item. It's not something you replace often and it's such a huge part of your every day life, so, of course, you want to pick the right one. It's one of those pieces where you look for a balance between form and function — a mix that depends on your lifestyle, routine and decor style. If style is a major determining factor for you, we've made it a bit easier with some of our favorite picks in few different categories: modern, vintage, and industrial.
Of course there's lots of nitty gritty info to consider when buying a refrigerator but here's one great place to start.
If you like a modern look and like to keep up with the latest technology then consider one of these:
SHOP MODERN REFRIGERATORS:
1. Samsung 28 cu. ft. 4-Door Flex™ Refrigerator with Family Hub™: Forget about tacking your family calendar on the fridge with magnets. This state of the art fridge has plenty of room to keep your fridge fresh as well as your family organized and entertained with the digital Family Hub™ screen. Samsung, $5599
2. Samsung 28 cu. ft. 4-door White Refrigerator: White kitchen appliances have been given a modern update. This clean & fresh design not only looks great but has the FlexZone drawer which features 4 temperature control settings, ranging from Chill to Soft, to accommodate a variety of food and beverage items. Best Buy, $2199
3. Kitchen Aid 26 cu. ft Multi-Door Refrigerator with Platinum Interior Design: Get on board with the new and modern black stainless steel trend with a fridge for the home chef or family looking for lots of options when it comes to storage. Kitchen Aid, $3999
4. LG 22 cu. ft Side by Side Refrigerator with Door in Door: The modern clean lines will look great in your kitchen. The Door-in-Door feature makes for quick access and added organization and Slim SpacePlus Ice system for more self space. Home Depot, $1798 (on sale)
There's not lots of bells and whistles with this group but they'll keep your food fresh while adding a whole bunch of personality and style to your kitchen.
SHOP VINTAGE REFRIGERATORS:
1. Big Chill 22 cu. ft. Original Fridge: American made, stamped metal body, chrome trim, and a pivoting handle add charismatic charm. Energy Star efficient fridge comes in one of nine standard colors curated for era-inspired authenticity. Or create your own look with over 200 custom color options. Big Chill, $3295
2. Smeg 10.7 cu ft. 2-Door Refrigerator: The 50s style SMEG Two-Door Refrigerator is retro cool on the outside, state-of-the-art on the inside. Featuring adjustable shelving, an energy-efficient design and now two doors for even more space. West Elm, $2999
3. Northstar 25 cu. ft. 1958 Model Refrigerator: Includes internal filtered water dispenser, factory-installed ice maker, adjustable door bins, full-width pantry drawer, glide-out freezer baskets, quiet sound package, Energy Star rated 505, and an optional draft beer system for game day. Elmira Stove Works, $5595
4. Northstar 18.5 cu. ft. 1950 Model Refrigerator: Includes Visi-shelving for quick access, adjustable door bins w/ 4 gallon size, glide-out freezer baskets, Energy Star rated, SoftSound quiet package with optional left hand hinge, ice maker and draft beer system. Elmira Stove Works, $4195
If you're a serious home chef and like to think of your kitchen as your restaurant, then consider one of these industrial style fridges that can keep up with you.
SHOP INDUSTRIAL REFRIGERATORS:
1. Samsung 21.5 cu. ft. Side by Side with Food Showcase Design: Constantly be inspired by what's in your fridge and showcase your bounty. Easy access to your everyday staples with the additional food showcase door. Home Depot, $1998 (on sale)
2. Big Chill 18.5 cu. ft. Pro Line: This fridge combines the best in present-day performance and contemporary design with Big Chill's nod to nostalgia that it's known for. Comes in 12 standard colors or choose from 200 special order options. Big Chill, $3595
3. Samsung 22.5 cu. ft. French Door Food Showcase Refrigerator: Get all your favorite design features in this one industrial look with french door style and their innovative two-door food showcase system which gives you access to your go-to items while keeping the rest fresh. Home Depot $2297
4. LG 30 cu. ft. Black Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator: Get on board with the latest sleek and industrial looking trend of black stainless steal in your kitchen. Keep more freshness in with the Instaview™Door-in-Door® and more space for food with the SlimSpace Plus™ ice system. LG, $5199