Rugs are one of our favorite topics on Apartment Therapy. To quote The Big Lebowski, they can "really tie the room together." Here are a few of our favorite places to shop for them.
- Dash & Albert (Online): Dash & Albert is a little spin-off by Annie Selke, and it's got a collection of SUPER AFFORDABLE, COLORFUL cotton rugs that come in so many colorways, there's something here for everyone.
- FLOR (Online): Between the stylish colors and extra thick pile, Flor is soft and attractive, while its modular nature makes it easy to have delivered and installed by yourself. Then there is the good price.
- Overstock.com (Online): Whenever we’re on the hunt for bargain rugs, Overstock.com is the first place we check. Prices, styles and quality are all over the board, but the user reviews offer some insight into which products to try and which to avoid.
- The Rug Company (New York/Online): Located in Soho and run by nice, unstuffy folks (Brits actually), they feature a wide variety of contemporary rugs in wool and silk with prices ranging from @ $40 to $135 per square foot (8x10 = $3,200 - $10,800).
- Maude Decor (Vancouver/Online): These are not your traditional floorcloths. These are pieces of art for your floors.
- Angela Adams (Maine/Online): Based in Portland, Maine, the Angela Adams line includes a collection of exquisite tapestries and rugs.
- ABC Carpet and Home (New York/Online): When we interview clients, we always ask them to name their favorite home store in NYC. About 75% of the time the answer is ABC.
Photo: The Rug Company