• Paper Source is a great place to find cool printed papers, labels, hostess gifts, thank you ntes, stamps and crafty kits. We're always inspired when we walk in.
• Bulk Party Supplies: Earlier this year when I turned 30 (!) I had grand notions of decoration the Palm Springs House we rented for the weekend. I bought paper garlands and giant paper balls in white and yellow to make things feel festive. Alas, I ran out of time and decided to relax and enjoy the weekend with the place undecorated. But now I have an awesome supply of yellow and white decorations. I'm planning to use the white for a holiday party in December. But this website is perfect for getting a bunch of similar decorations at a bulk discount.
• Target: let's not be coy. Many of us shop at Target because it's cheap and it's convenient. Well, they also have a pretty nice housewares department, have all the mini lights you'll need and have some fun napkins and tablecloths. Plus this year Marcel Wanders is doing a special line of holiday stuff! And if you're looking to keep it simple it's a good place to stop in while you're stocking up on kitty litter and dish soap and grab some party supplies.
• Your Local Thrift Store: Salvation Armys and Goodwills are excellent places to score cake stands, serving dishes, even holiday themed supplies. Mine almost always has a great shelf full of glass vases in every shape and size and platters for days. Need some shot glasses or a water carafe? They've often got em for about $2. Need some more mugs or a table cloth? Definitely worth a look. You'll know that whatever you're finding is going to be pretty one of a kind and if you end up hating it, you're only out a couple of dollars and can donate it right back.
• Confettisystem is a newly added resource for more edgy decorations and inspiration. We like the metalic pinata!
Where do you shop for party supplies?
Products clockwise from upper left:
Pinata from Confettisystem
Tissue Fan from Bulk Party Supplies
Printed Matcbooks from Foryourparty.com
Tiny Party in a Box from Martha
Crepe Paper from Target
Paper Napkins from Ikea