Whether it's to iron all your shirts every laundry day or just pulled out to freshen up your curtains, a reliable iron is a must-have. We looked around the web at the best irons and found six models that tend to be most positively reviewed.
• Black & Decker D2030 Auto-Off Digital Advantage Iron from Amazon At just under $40, this iron is a great budget option. Of the over 1,500 reviews on Amazon, more than 1,100 give this iron 5-stars. $39.99
• Electrolux Perfect Glide Iron from Amazon This iron popped up on a couple of top iron posts from around the web and also got good reviews from Amazon users. $79.49
• Panasonic Steam Iron from Target Reviewers have stated that once you go cordless, there's no going back. This cordless iron has gotten all 5-star positive reviews at Target.com. $55.99
• Hamilton Beach Smart Lift Iron from Sears This is a perfect iron for the clumsy among us. Instead of sitting upright, a base pops out of the bottom for resting the iron while in use. Plus, the auto-shut off mode can be turned off. $69.12
• Panasonic Cordless 360° Freestyle Another cordless option, this iron also has a cool design. It's reviewed highly by users. $99.95
• J420 Steam Iron Station from Brookstone If you're really serious about ironing, you may want to look into a professional quality iron like this one. Reviews around the web boast that this iron is as close to professional quality as you can get from a home iron. $299
In researching irons we found that Rowenta, while considered a luxury brand, hasn't reviewed well. Many users complained that their Rowenta irons died after less than a year of use.
Do you have a favorite iron? Share yours with us in the comments below.
BEST IRON POSTS FROM AROUND THE WEB
• Steam Irons: Best of the Test at Good Housekeeping
• The Best Irons at Real Simple
• Best Steam Irons at Consumer Search
(Images: As credited above.)