Like we mentioned yesterday, summer is a great time to have casual get togethers--people have more time, the days feel longer and you can spread out outside for more space. Something that always makes us feel like we're on vacation is if we have the time to catch up on classic movies and invite people over to watch with us. It's cheap, casual and fun. Movie night is nothing new, but there's a reason it's a classic. Jump below for some of our favorite summer time movies and add yours to the comments:
• Wet Hot American Summer: one of our favorite camp movies with the kind of humor we really appreciate. Might not be everyone's bag, but it does the trick for us.
• One Crazy Summer: a John Cusack and 80's classic.
• Raiders of the Lost Ark: There's no such thing as seeing this one too many times.
• Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: We saw this projected outside in someone's backyard a couple of summers ago which made it that much better.
• National Lampoon's Vacation: Oh the wacky hijinks of Chevy Chase.
• Rushmore: the cult classic from Wes Anderson is sweet, charming and has a great soundtrack.
• Ferris Bueller's Day Off: or really Any John Hughes Movie.
• Contempt: get existential with this classic Godard film starring Brigitte Bardot and some pretty awesome decor inspiration
• Jaws: a summer classic that spawned Shark Week and our own irrational fear that somehow there might be a shark in the pool.
(Image: Mark and Marissa's House Tour)