Some might say that watches are devices that are dying, but for people who don't care much for using their smartphones to tell the time, having a decent watch makes sense. These watches feature a bit of technology, to make them stand out from the crowd. While they aren't a total geek-fest, you'll be happy to discover what they can do.
1. Nooka Zizm zenH: The beautiful thing about this watch isn't the tech that's used inside of it, but the fact that it has a refracted crystal lens, that skews the view of time. The watch sells for $375.
2. Blue Sky I'm Watch: This watch will synch with your smartphone vis Bluetooth. It works with iOS and Android devices. Status updates are directly shown on the face of the watch. It comes with a built-in speaker, lets you even respond to emails, and costs around $350.
3. Mutewatch: If vibrational alerts is your thing, then the MuteWatch is one of the most minimal watches available right now. Designed in Sweden and made in Taiwan, the MuteWatch sets itself apart by its overall appeal and look. It's USB-rechargeable and sells for $259.
4. ZIIIRO Watches: ZIIIRO has got a few distinctive and minimal watches available, from their latest, the Celeste, to some of the other models, the Aurora, Orbit, Gravity and Mercury. These watches tend to have a minimal, yet hypnotic face, which is quite fetching. They will appeal to women and men. They cost between $150 and $200.
5. WIMM Smart Watch: This watch runs on Android, so you'll be able to do a lot more than just tell the time. It will connect to your smartphone via Bluetooth and buzz whenever you get an alert.