In 2011, we added over 1,200 new stores to our Marketplace, having had the pleasure to discover some fantastic shopping experiences and bring you the stories of businesses both small and mainstream. No other shops thrilled us more than the vintage retailers with the owners' anecdotes about the hunt for antique and one-of-a-kind objects. Without further ado, take a look at our list of this year's Best Vintage Shops from around the country.
• 1 Los Angeles - Inheritance: Eclectic Vintage Treasures
• 2 NYC - Dorset Finds: Good Design From Another Time
• 3 Nashville - Cake: Vintage Table & Home
• 4 NYC - Kasbah Mod: Vintage Typewriters
• 5 Santa Barbara - Punch Intèrieur: Hip Vintage MIDDLE ROW
• 6 Santa Barbara - Cominichi's: Vintage Furniture & Other Treasures
• 7 Cincinnati - Spruce Up: Upcycled Vintage Furniture
• 8 San Francisco - Monument: Vintage Furniture & Decor
• 9 Chicago - Edgewater Antique Mall: Eclectic, Offbeat, and Vintage
• 10 Frederick - Silk & Burlap
• 11 Los Angeles - Mohawk General Store-Amsterdam Modern: A Mid Century Mercantile!
• 12 (Ok, so NOT just Coast-to-Coast) Paris - Hier Pour Demain: Vintage Furnishings from Yesterday for Tomorrow
• 13 Washington DC - Foundry: Past Present Possible
• 14 NYC - The Brooklyn Flea Moves Outdoors!
• 15 Chicago - Roost: Reclaiming the Home
* * *
Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2011 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)