Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Manassas, VA
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I wanted an overall neutral room with pops of color. One of my favorite things to do is sleep, so a dark ceiling is totally (a little toooo) conducive to slumper. It makes it very cocoon like.
- Colors used in my room
- Ben Moore Dove Wing (white) on walls; Ben Moore Smoked Oyster on ceiling
- Tips for using color successfully
- Base everything on the direction of light you get. My window faces the west, so I only get afternoon light. Therefore it has to look good for most of the day with little to no natural light. I painted the wall three times before settling on Dove Wing, because the purple undertones of the Smoked Oyster would change the wall color to look more pink or purple.
- Smoked Oyster and Coral
See all entries
More posts in this series
Room for Color 2012