Even though I have fallen in love with Los Angeles, I'm a southerner at heart. And when I do make it back to the south, one of my favorite spots to visit is Charleston, SC. My Dream Escape would be nestled in the middle of downtown Charleston (off of Meeting Street). I'd be in the heart of the city but close enough to Sullivan's Island for a daily swim.
2. I inherited a set of Clay Rice glasses and have been mesmerized ever since. His silhouettes of the south take me back to summers spent at Mt. Pleasant and a piece of his artwork would make me feel right at home.
3. Growing up, my grandmother would always have a bundle of eucalyptus displayed in a white pitcher. The green palette of this plant is just as soothing as its fragrance.
4. It's usually the case that I'm on vacation when I'm staying in a hotel--which means sleeping in a little bit later than normal. And since a little more time is spent in the bed, it's important for this spot to be oh-so-cozy. A tufted, wing headboard seems to fit the bill perfectly.
5. And a silk comforter is the ideal combo for the luxurious bed that I've picked out for my dream escape.
6. I gravitated towards this nautical desk for it's clean lines and functional nature. It's nice to have some extra spots for storing items so the tops of surfaces can be kept clean and clear.
7. A bedside table is a must on vacation--and I couldn't get enough of this circular side table that feels classic and modern at the same time.
8-9. Plush pillows that hint at the fact that the hotel is on the coast without appearing overly beachy.
10. A spin on the classic shield back chair, this version is upholstered for that extra special plush look.
1. To me, nothing seems cozier than sconce lighting placed on both sides of the bed. Perfect for reading--not to mention the pair will produce great lighting.
(Images: 1. Library Swing-Arm Wall Sconce, Restoration Hardware; $169, 2. Clay Rice Art, 3. Fresh Eucalyptus Bunch, 4. Tufted Wing Bed, Former Furniture; $4,200, 5. Eileen Fisher Seasonless Silk Comforter, Garnet Hill; $502, 6. Navigators Desk in Ivory, Cottage & Bungalow; $1,700, 7. Brigitte One Drawer Side Table in Black, Cottage & Bungalow; $470 8. Kabuki 22" Linen in Shell, Cottage & Bungalow; $96, 9. Linen 22" Seed in Kiwi, Cottage & Bungalow; $96, 10. Shield Back Arm Chair, Baker)