- Washington, DC
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love all the light! We have a corner unit and we're at the top of a hill, so all our windows help make our older (and therefore not open-plan, though all doors but the bathroom and bedroom doors have been removed) apartment feel airy. Also, because we're in an older building, we lucked out with closet space in our 1br/den - we have five, including a coat closet, a pantry, a linen closet, and the bedroom closet!
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. You don't have to be minimalist (or a curator) if you keep things tidy. Bring in what you love, just make sure each piece has somewhere to live!
2. Before you arrange your furniture, figure out what kind of host/ess you are and plan the layout of your reception room appropriately. If you like throwing dinner parties, prioritize the table. If you like having lots of people over for cocktail or dance parties, prioritize a more open living space. It's not worth having to move things around every time you want to entertain!
3. Live in it. Your space will succeed no matter how small if you're not afraid to use it all and inhabit it all. Enjoy it!