A broom and dustpan may seem like a simple thing, but adding a couple of smart features will make cleaning up a whole lot quicker and more pleasant. To create our list of better brooms, we looked for clever features like: a click-lock dustpan for no-touch dumping, feather-tip broom bristles to collect small particles, and a built-in comb to pull out hair and dust bunnies from the broom.
All four brooms and dustpans are well-featured, but the only product that seems to have them all is the OXO Good Grips Upright Sweep Set (Photo 1).
Features to Consider:
- Dustpan stands open hands-free for quicker two-hand sweeping
- Dustpan locks open for no-touch dumping
- Split-end or feather-tip broom bristles to collect fine dust and small particles
- Tapered or soft rubber edge on dustpan to capture small particles and fine dust
- Handles clip together for compact storage
- Broom stores inside dustpan
- Built-in comb to pull out hair and dust bunnies from the broom
Shown above, clockwise from the left:
- OXO Good Grips Upright Sweep Set, from OXO, $24.99
- Libman Lobby Broom & Dust Pan (Closed Lid), from Libman Co., $17.49
- Butler Neat Sweep, Stand-up Dust Pan & Broom, from Butler Home Products, $27.77
- Carlisle Duo-Pan Dust Pan and Lobby Broom Combo, 11-4/5" Head Width, 36" Overall Length, Black, from Carlisle, $20.37
(Images: As credited above.)