What makes a color "neutral" anyway? Neutrals are normally those colors without a lot of color, like ivorys, blacks, and yes, beiges. For the purposes of this post, we're referring to colors that wrap your rooms in a sophisticated shade without stealing all the limelight away from your other furnishings (but are still pretty bold, though). From grays, to deeper shades of other colors, these colors are neutral in that they'll go with everything you have but won't be so boring they put you to sleep.
Pictured above: Farrow & Ball's Manor House Gray is the perfect hue for the living room in Laura's Bright and Beautiful Victorian Duplex in Glasgow.
More paint color ideas for your best walls:
- Cure Color Shyness: 14 Real-life Fearless Paint Colors to Push Your Style
- 20 Bold & Beautiful Blue Wall Paint Colors
- 6 Daring, Real-Life Wall Paint Colors to Try
- Potent Pairings: 8 Color Combos Guaranteed to Push Your Style
- Scientifically Soothing: 6 Successful Green Wall Paint Colors
- Bold in the Bedroom: 8 Perfect Paint Colors for a Moody Sleep Space
What's your favorite neutral paint color that's more bold than boring? Share in the comments below!