Need an extra room more than you need some storage space? Even if you already feel low on it in your home, there are more creative ways to use these spots than just for storage. Whatever activity you might feel like you need a dedicated spot for, these seven real-life creative closets turned into something else entirely may spark some inspiration for your own closet transformation this weekend.
1 & 2. Both Lauren's Eclectic San Francisco Apartment and Sarah's Curio Filled Studio feature closets turned into compact and cozy bedrooms! You could create an additional bedroom for you or turn a closet into a cozy guest room when needed!
3. Tired of tripping over your kiddo's toys all the time? Turn a closet into their own tiny play room. They're small — they don't need a lot of room! And it could help take back some of your living spaces from their mountain of toys. Take a cue from Leo's "boy cave."
4. Really into wine? Cocktails? Coffee? Entertaining? You might need your own dedicated space to explore your hobby. Take a page from this New York couple's closet turned wine bar.
5. Think a dedicated library is a dream only for those who live in mansions? Hardly! Sturdy shelving, good lighting and maybe a little seat could turn a closet into your own personal library. It's a big closet, but still inspiring: Before & After: Goodbye Closet, Hello Library.
6. Wish you had a space to be your most creative self...and then be able to close the doors mid-project when you need to get back to life? You might find inspiration in this closet turned craft room.
7. Not into crafting but think it would be nice to have a place you can pay the bills in peace? Convert a closet into a compact home office, like this one.
What's your favorite creative closet transformation you've ever seen? Have you turned a closet into something else in your home? Share ideas in the comments below!
Updated from a post originally published 7.13.2014 - cm
(Image credits: Stephanie Strickland; Kim Lucian; reader Sara L.; The Sweeten ; Old House New Tricks; Kim Rinehimer; Christina Katos)