They're the color of bruises... and also, it turns out, the color of beautiful interiors. Blue can be a little intense: somber black is its perfect counterpart. Whether the blue you're drawn to is aqua, or turquoise, or cobalt, consider giving this combo a try.
1. Black and blue... and brown! A colorful country home from The Marion House Book.
2. The Hotel St. James, in Paris, seen on AD Russia.
3. Home of Abigail Ahern, seen on The Selby.
4. A turquoise sofa stands out against dark walls and a dark floor. Image from Lonny.
5. Just a little bit of black and blue, from Lonny.
6. A blue lamp looks deliciously crisp against a black wall. Designer Isabel Lopez-Queseda via Eclec Chic.
7. The Paris home of designer Virginie Manivet, seen in Vogue Living.
8. Perfect in the bathroom. Image from Lonny.
9. Cobalt blue sets off an iron bed in Brian and Brad's Artfully Modern Apartment.
10. Black and dark blue in a masculine bedroom from House and Leisure.
(Images: as linked above)