Every time I see Ligne Roset's neon-yellow quilted sofa (image #1 above), it makes me pucker up like I've eaten sour candy. My next reaction is that I want to touch it. Exaggerated quilting on furniture seems to offer it all: comfort and coziness, visual interest, varied topography. Add to that a bright color, and you've definitely got my attention.
Here's a selection of quilting in a variety of seating scenarios, including several eye-catching sofas and a lovely seating collection from Knoll. Enjoy!
1. Ruché by Inga Sempé for Ligne Roset
; image from Daily Tonic
2. Quilt 2009 sofa by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec
3. Jehs+Laub Lounge Collection from Knoll
; image from Design You Trust
4. Hoff sofa by Giuseppe Chigiotti for Driade, via Unica Home
5. Foliage sofa by Patricia Urquiola for Kartell; image from Designoise
Images: As linked above.