When I was hunting through stores last month for the Style Cure I kept asking myself: why is it so hard to find great curtains for kids rooms? It seems like your options, as a parent, are plain or chevron. What else is there that won't look too grown up, yet not too babyish? Here are five styles of curtains that come in great colors and will look great in a kids space.
1. Add pom-poms. These lush Swing Stripes curtains from Anthropologie come in an amazing range of colors, but will set you back $118-$178 apiece. If you want a little pom-pom in your life for less, try Target's light blocking Xhilaration curtains for $29.99.
2. Can't go past navy stripe? Well, what about a lemon yellow stripe? These handmade curtains are from Etsian Habit Handcrafted, $93 for the pair. You can get a similar look with West Elm's yellow striped shower curtain.
3. Polka dots are perfect. I loved these Urban Outfitters curtains so much, I bought them myself ($24-$29). For polka dotes plus cute ties, check out Pottery Barn's Dottie Sheer curtains ($17.99-$59 on sale).
4. For patterns, try some fun Scandi-style. I love these crazy tree curtains (Kajsamia) from IKEA that are only $24.99 for the pair. For an up-market option, you could have drapes made from your favorite Marimekko fabric.
5. For texture, check out velvet. It's lovely and warm looking for winter, and will block the light much better than simple cotton. These purple beauties are a bargain from IKEA at just $69.99 for the pair, or you can look at the color options from PB teen ($59.99-$109 on sale).