Like most people these days, we have stainless steel appliances in our kitchen. They were here when we moved in and I do like the way they look and actually find them relatively easy to maintain and clean (Pledge is my go-to cleaner for the fridge, oddly). But recently I have been noticing some beautiful white kitchen appliances.
When I think of a white fridge or stove I picture my 20-something rental studios and various 80s kitchens from my childhood. Not a pretty picture, really. But today's white appliances are winning me over. Not only is white a welcome alternative to the ubiquitous stainless steel, the color (or lack thereof) can look very fresh, bright and clean.
• 1 Style at Home. I love the white fridge paired with the rich honey tones of the island in this kitchen. One bonus of having the fridge blend in with the walls and drawers is that the eye is drawn to the beautiful glass in the windowed cabinets.
• 2 Coco Cozy. White Viking appliances with stainless steel accents and highlights throughout the room. The wood butcher block island helps prevent the room from becoming too uniform and clinical.
• 3 Darsheel. Here the dark wood floors and stainless steel legs on the island provide a nice contrast with the camouflaged white fridge.
• 4 Sabjimata Blog. Here white appliances round out a retro country look nicely.
• 5 White Iron Stone Cottage. A heavy duty stovetop with a down home, vintage feel.
• 6 Kitchen Backsplashes. This freestanding vintage range becomes a lovely and original focal point of the room.
• 7 We Love Indie. By using a white stove, the eye is drawn to the color and fun elsewhere in this busy, lived-in kitchen.
• 8 Faye and Co. An example of the curved, feminine but eminently hip fridges from Big Chill.
• 9 Big Chill. Another Big Chill fridge, this time in a bold and boisterous yellow kitchen.
• 10 Life of an Architect.
What do you think of white appliances?