Your bed doesn't have to be the biggest design element in the bedroom (just check out the second image above!). Large art packs a correspondingly big punch and immediately works as a focal point and visual anchor.
Consider using it over the bed in place of or in complement to a headboard. Especially if you live in an earthquake-prone area, know that big art also works well as a balance when hung to the side or on an opposite wall.
Top row, left to right:
1. Katie Lyndon Interiors
2. Martha Stewart Living
3. Christine Lane Interiors
4. The World of Interiors
5. Elle Decor
Bottom row, left to right:
6. Living Etc.
7. Decorate by Holly Becker via Houzz
8. via Lama Blog
9. Apartment Therapy
10. Little Green Notebook
MORE LARGE ART ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Big, Bold, Memorable Art in Kids' Rooms
• A Great Look: White Walls & Big Art in the Bedroom
• Using Large-Scale Artwork to Anchor a Room
• Supersize It: Large-Scaled Art
(Images: as linked above)