Some of the booths at Salone are far from subtle — instead they embrace the humor, joy and pure spectacle that make this show unforgettable. These larger than life displays are irresistible — you literally MUST stop and look at this unique version of a mix of design carnival, furniture circus and a visual theme park.
As you are walking the halls of the show, it's never far from your mind just how much WORK has gone into the presentation of this furniture - the countless hours of planning, construction, moving, arranging and then teardown for a one week show. There is no doubt in my mind that the designers behind these displays are already hard at work on their plans for Salone 2012!
1. A celebration of red at Kartell
2. Low hanging oversized balloons at Parri
3. Storm clouds gathering over Campeggi
4. A cave of golden glitz at Edra
5. Sgt. Pepper-esque mural at Dedon
6. The Great Wall of staked chairs at Alias
7. A rocky beach with umbrellas at Lago
8. An army of colorful chairs at Emeco
9. Suspended wire showcase cages at Magis
10. A mad hatter's celebration at Olivari
Images: Janel Laban