- St Petersburg, FL
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- When I saw this 500 square foot apartment in St Petersburg's Old Northeast with a screened porch, white (not beige) walls, herringbone oak floors, and coved ceilings, I had to live here. I overlooked the funky vintage kitchen and bath because they were in good shape. Every room has a window, full of that wonderful sunshine.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Keep it simple, use a few pieces to give your home a spacious feeling.
2. Make every piece do double duty. Desks become dining tables; a sofa becomes a guest bed; a file cabinet is home to the microwave and toaster oven.
3. Be careful with color, pattern and texture. Have a defined color palette that you don't deviate from for peacefulness. Always return to those neutral basics for calmness.