Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Brooklyn, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Our apartment has 6 very large north facing windows which allow tons of light to flood in during the day. We are 7 floors up, which is right above the treeline, so we have lots of ways to pretend that we are looking out onto a yard. Additionally, this was the first apartment we've owned, which we bought with the intention of completely renovating. After living in rentals our whole lives, we threw many years of pent up energy into making this place exactly what we wanted. It was one of the more satisfying things we've done.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- The original layout of this place had a tiny galley-like kitchen that was separated from the living/dining areas by a bank of 3 closets. We tore this out, unifying the kitchen, dining, living and now office spaces. We left the above counter cabinets off which makes things feel open and bright. I havent done the calculations, but it really doesnt feel like we lost any storage space in this transformation.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- I have an unhealthy obsession to Jean Prouve's Standard chair. They are completely overpriced, but my unrealistic side thinks I'd buy a set of 4. However, we still plan to renovate the bathroom, which is realistically what we would probably do with the money.
See all entries