When dreaming up the elements for our fantasy bathroom scheme, we actually had a specific space in mind. It's a stately home built in the 1920's and we wanted the bathroom to maintain a yesteryear elegance with modern modifications. A vintage bathroom illustration and a contemporary wallpaper tile brought our contemporary Gatsby vision into focus.
We love the wallpaper and graphic tile in this 1926 Crane bathroom.
We've also been smitten by the newer innovation of wallpaper print wall tiles, which are a better solution for a damp bathroom. In our plan, we would use the Isadore Floral wall tiles
as wainscoting around the room and then paint the upper wall a soft, gray blue.
The plumbing fixtures would be classic and the bathtub must be deep. Our idea of heaven is reading an engrossing book while soaking in a hot tub, so we must have a side table for books too. We also think furniture in the bathroom adds warmth, so we've included a corner cabinet for storing bathroom supplies and a tailored gray ottoman for sitting (to paint toenails). Finally, we've topped off the room with a graceful white glass chandelier. Excuse us as we drift off into dreamland now. . .
It's all in the details:
1. Storyboard for bathroom design.
2. Fan cut marble tiles echo the shapes of the flower petals on the wall.
3. Isadore Floral Decorative Wall Tiles are oversized rectangles that can be installed over an entire wall to resemble wallpaper.
4. White chandelier from the Martha Stewart Veneto Collection (only available in jadeite at this time).
5. Nate Berkus Hexagon Ottoman in tailored gray slipcover is chic and affordable.
6. Slipper Clawfoot Bathtub by Randolph Morris is perfect for leaning back and relaxing.
7. Based on a French gueridon, the Olivia Mirrored Side Table is just the right size to nestle by the bath.
8. The Trifold Mirror from Pottery Barn allows you to see all angles, for better or worse.
9. Thermostatic Clawfoot Tub Faucet by Strom Plumbing lets you tweak the water temperature to be just right.
10. Apothecary Single Sink Console from Pottery Barn has a Carrera marble top to coordinate with the marble mosaic floor.
More dream bathrooms:
A Modern Meet's Traditional Mashup Bath
Black, White and Modern All Over
Romantic Eclectic Refuge