Designing a room for longevity always requires a careful balance between timelessness and just enough color, pattern or texture to keep from being boring. Two-tone schemes keep things simple while introducing a little bit of bite. They also allow you to mix things up just by changing out a color or introducing an unexpected accent. Black and white is a classically high-contrast combination, but other pairings also offer flexibility...A few examples from across the Web:
• 1 Black and White Dining Room from Ferm Living
• 2 Blue and White Dining Room from Living Etc.
• 3 Green and Ivory Dining Room from InSpace
• 4 Lavender and Light Brown Dining Room from Alcro
• 5 Brown and White Dining Room from Alcro
For more dining room inspiration from Apartment Therapy, click here.