The combination of black and white is timeless and endlessly adaptable. Here are some fun DIY projects that play with this dramatic yet classic pair!
• 1 Using contact paper, the blogger over at My Second Hand Life made this fabulous DIY black and white geometric shapes on an Expedit shelving system!
• 2 Another way to achieve a similar effect as in image 2 is to buy adhesive vinyl shapes from PANYL, which are created to precisely fit select IKEA pieces! This image comes from PANYL's Facebook page
• 3 DIY black and white striped wall from Danielle Oakley interiors. Danielle says she has some touch ups to do but it looks so fun to me. Love bold black and white in a kid's room, especially, because it is a nice antidote to the usual pastels and pinks.
• 4 Here is a fun idea: Use this funky black and white striped tape for adding a border or trim to furnishings or walls. From Pretty Tape on Etsy, $4.
• 5 At the blog 2 Friends & 2 Cities they made this cool DIY bench in the style of one they found at Ballard Designs.
• 6 Calendar wall sticker from Stylizimo. I am a bit over chalkboard paint but I like the clean look of these geometric squares.
• 7 Hanging photo frames from Emmas Design Blogg via Curbly. Looks easy and cute.
Images: as credited above.