You probably know this already, but it's Black Friday, a day that is a little difficult to reconcile with our efforts to reduce, reuse, and recycle.
We love the holiday season -- the lights, the hot chocolate, the people, and, yes, (True Green Confessions here we come ) sometimes we even love the shopping. But this year, we're going to try our very best to make better gift decisions. At the top of our list? We won't buy anything for anyone unless we know it is something they need and/or desperately want.
We're also going to try to buy things that are easy on the environment (which means grandma is probably getting 100% organic cotton PJs this year).
In the spirit of green giving, we thought we'd round up all of our green shopping (yes, sorry for the slight oxymoron there) resources for you, right here in one post. So when you do buy your gifts this year, consider these great options:
• TING Home: Green for the outdoors
• Homemade gifts at Sew, Mama, Sew
• Lauren Spa: Organic Bed and Bath
• Cooler: Crabon Neutral Holiday Shopping
• The Global Exchange Online Store
• Uncommon Goods
• Alabama Chanin: Expensive, beautiful, handcrafted decor and clothing
• Builders Booksource
• Organic Style
• MoMA Store
• Olio United: Home decor and clothing
• 3R Living: Future Friendly Products
Image: Via danagraves; flickr.com