Move over, un-lacquered brass. Take a back seat, copper. There's a new metal shade in town. These days, I just can't get enough of matte black ironmongery. I dream about buying a home and covering every possible bit of hardware with this long-loved hue. From hinges and door handles to cabinet pulls and taps, whether through a dark bronze finish or powder-coating, black metal is having a moment.
- A classic white kitchen pops with a black tap and cabinet hardware, from Smitten Studio via The Kitchn.
- Sleek black pulls on these kitchen cabinets (from IKEA!) play perfectly against the marble herringbone wall. Found at Eatwell 101.
- A slick black tap to match the cabinets, via Yellowtrace.
- I love the tiny, traditional latches on these kitchen cabinets found at Kinfolk.
- The black range hood in this kitchen by Arian Lodder Keukens in the Netherlands makes a bold statement.
- White walls, black cabinets and black taps: traditional meets modern in this beautiful bathroom, found on Domaine.
- This white-with-black-hardware bathroom is everything to me right now. Via The Design Chaser.
- Along the same vein, this bathroom renovation from No Glitter No Glory is all modern lovliness.
- This barn door, found on Nest, boasts some slick black hanging hardware.
- Young House Love updated their doorknobs with a near-black oil-rubbed bronze finish, and the result is chic as can be.
How do you feel about black ironmongery? Is it trending where you live, and would you use it in your home?