A black and white palette can be great for adding drama to a small room, but can end up cold when done throughout an entire house. Add a pop of natural green, though, and things instantly feel more comfortable and inviting...
The unsung hero in these rooms would be the rich wood accents, which really help to warm up all of the spaces and, of course, naturally compliment the plants.
- This amazing home from interior designer Jessica Helgerson has been featured extensively online, but we had to add it here because it uses black, white and bursts of natural green throughout the house to such an amazing effect.
- We first mentioned this trio in our post about adding color with plants. The room featured looks absolutely refreshing with the inclusion of so many potted beauties. Via LivingEtc.
- A kitchen at once fresh and classic from House Beautiful, via the Inspired Room
- A slab of beautiful wood and sculptural green clippings help turn this simple bedroom from DeLisle, Philpotts & Staub into something spectacular.
- An almost all white kitchen from Metropolitan Home via The Kitchen Designer.
- Tremendous light and an eye-catching zebra rug help make this room, via Decor Pad. (Anyone know the original source?)
- Love the graphic tiles in this kitchen, via Mark Burstyn Photography.
- A white chair next to a fireplace is never a good idea, but we'll let it slide when the overall look is this pretty and inviting. Domino Magazine via CocoMalé .