These rooms don't need many accessories — instead, they each center around an attention-grabbing, black-and white-pattern. Decorated with geometric shapes, bold stripes, and some devil-may-care attitude, these spaces make a classic color combination feel artsy and unique.
While it may not be for ultra-conservative decorators, it's not so trendy that it won't work in more traditional spaces. For example, black-and-white tile floors are classic and often found in older homes. Even just a bit of wallpaper or some patterned cushions are enough to create a new and interesting focal point in a tired room.
- Black parallelograms dance up the wall of a dining nook from Olive Leaf Stencils.
- One cleverly-placed section of wallpaper makes impact in this space from Real Simple.
- An exuberantly patterned bedroom from designer Greg Natale.
- This gorgeous floor makes a narrow kitchen seem wider, and also allows owners to change wall colors when they please. Via CocoCozy .
- An entryway that's perfect for artsy maximalists. From Domino.