The new issue of
Blueprint has a great list of 100 Reasons to Get Rid of It. The list encompasses the whys and also the hows; its not just reasons, it's good resources, too.
Here are a few of our favorites...
#3. 80% of what we own we never use.
#50. Getting rid of clutter will reduce housework by 40%.
# 53. Around 23% of people pay late fees on bills they cannot find.
7. earth911.org to find local recycling and reuse programs
17. youthfortechnology.org puts tech goods in the hands of kids around the world
22. excessacess.com to match household items with nonprofits
29. onewarmcoat.org to give a free coat to anyone who needs one
60 - 64. paperbackswap.com, peerflix.com, spun.com and titletrader.com to swap books, cd's and dvds
80. call 1.888.567.8688 to stop unwanted credit card solicitations
And to finish it off, some Inspiration:
#90. "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - Leonardo Da Vinci
Click over to Blueprint to check out the full list.
(Image: 100 Cans by Andy Warhol, 1962, via Albright Knox Gallery)