Those TV shows where they declutter people's homes always make it look so easy. We have no problem putting stuff we need to get rid of in piles...it's where it goes afterwards if it's not ready for the trash that holds us up. Cookie has some good resources for swapping or donating.
• For baby clothes and gear, try Zwaggle which lets you earn points called zoints with which you can purchase new items.
• The Baby Chain also lets you donate items and find used items in your own area.
• If you haven't used it yet, Freecycle is a great way to just give stuff away. It's so quick and easy and you'll be free from all that clutter.
• Room to Grow will take your clothes and gear in New York and Boston for children living in poverty.
• Newborns in Need will give your stuff to families in need.
Find the links and a few more ideas over at Cookie.
Look for local parents groups and classifieds in your area as well. We have a few of those here in Brooklyn and find them quite useful. If you can, give your stuff away to someone who will appreciate it.