This month's issue of House Beautiful shares with us some tips for creating the perfect bedside table for your house guests.
House Beautiful editor-at-large, Senga Mortimer, hits the main points after the jump...
- House Beautiful first suggests keeping current magazines on-hand in one drawer of the nightstand, while being sure to keep another drawer empty for your guest's own belongings.
- Provide guests with an alarm clock.
- Don't go cheap on your guests. Outfit their bedside table with quality, beautiful and meaningful pieces from your personal collection instead of cheap versions of everything.
- Make guests feel at home, but don't clutter up surfaces. Every item you leave out on the table should be useful.
- Flowers are a lovely addition to the tablescape, but just a few stems is enough - no huge bouquets here.
- Leave a dictionary and pen within easy reach for guests who like to do a little reading in bed before sleeping.
- Provide a lamp.
- A cozy finishing touch: a small plate of cookies for a midnight snack.