A lot of parents go crazy planning impressive birthday parties. Why not choose a theme that will actually teach kids something about health or the environment? Kiwi magazine tells us how to do just that.
Here are just a few of the ideas. Go to the site for the full list.
• Go to a cooking school or have an instructor come and show the kids how to prepare a healthy meal. (You could probably do this yourself as well!)
• Take a tour of an organic farm, dairy farm, or orchard.
• Use eco-friendly paints and recycled paper for a finger painting party.
• Show kids how to make eco-crafts out of things they find around the house.
• Have kids use bring their gently used books for a book swap. During the party have them sit in a circle and write a story as a group.