The cover story of the February 2007 issue of RealSimple was really food/diet driven. However, there was still some good home inspired ideas/tips inside. Here's our breakdown for ya:
•My favorite section of each issue is in the front (pg. 45), "new uses for old things". This time they give some ideas for nonskid rug pads, toothpaste, transparent tape, rice, and vegetable oil.
• (pg. 50) Some good reminders on easy ways to save energy.
• (pg. 113) An interesting article about when to know if you should call in the pros. They give a few everyday problems as examples, and give breakdowns as to who to call, how much to expect to pay, where to find someone, and when to consider doing it yourself.
• (pg. 121) A very "AT" type of "good question" piece, regarding a couple's "unwelcoming and dysfunctional" bedroom.
• (pg. 148) They did a round up of the best alarm clocks, broken down by categories: low-tech, high-tech, travel, and novelty. Not all the most aesthetically pleasing in my humble opinion, but then, when the object is waking you up and getting you out of bed, I guess aesthetics isn't necessarily the priority...
• (pg. 180) A great overview about things to think about when choosing a rug. Tips about size, shape, color, and when/how to use pattern.