Does anyone else pack up all of those leftovers and forget about something way in the back of the fridge? Real Simple is teling us the proper way to store those leftovers to keep food fresh longer and keep it from getting contaminated.
• Use air-proof, leak-proof containers of course
• Using small flat containers will help food to cool faster and prevent bacteria from germinating
• Refrigerate within two hours of cooking
• Remove the stuffing from the turkey before refrigerating
• Don't even think about leaving that cranberry sauce in a can- the metal on the rim can leave a metallic taste.
• Don't overstuff your refrigerator- it needs room to breathe!
Find the full article here.