This January we are trying something totally new. We're teaming up with Sara Humphreys and the editors of Blueprint, who will still be manning their website and blog, Bluelines, and holding our first small makeover contest. We're not aiming to cover whole homes; we're inviting you to tackle one small project: "painting a bureau, reupholstering a chair, whatevering a whatever." We're going to do it together and share tips, resources and inspiration during one month. Interested? Read on below....The conceit?
Everyone has at least one decor project in their home that they've been dying to do. Together we can all help get them done.
The editors of Blueprint and AT are going to be tackling their own projects and sharing their progress as you tackle yours. We'll go first and you only need to send in your finished project submission by January 21st.
In addition, we're going to award prizes for those that really shine.
Here are all the details so far:
Who May Enter?
* All readers of Blueprint and AT anywhere in the world can enter, but...
* US entries only are eligible for sponsored US prizes, International winners will receive a special AT prize only (we have to avoid legal complications with gifts being given overseas)
* Project must have been done by you
* Project must be started and completed before deadline of January 21 (starting early is fine)
* Project must be a small project that can be completed in one to two weekends (though gathering materials may take time beforehand)
* Project may deal with the revamping of a piece of furniture, or a window, wall or floor treatment
* We are looking for makeovers, hacks and restoration projects
* We are looking to share skills, tools and resources that have broad appeal with all of our readers
How to Submit?
* Submissions must consist of
o 5 pictures (before, 2 after, tools and in process shot)
o name of project, your name (online name and/or real name), location
o list of tools and resources
o step by step how to instructions
o expense and time spent
* Contest Runs for four weeks, from January 7th through February 1st
* AT will post a maximum of 5 daily entries for a total of 100 maximum entries
* Winner are announced on Thursday, February 7th
* To start with we have $1500 in gift cards from that DIY mecca, eBay!
* Prizes will be awarded in 6 categories (which are TBD) with a first place and runner up in each