We don't know about you, but we take our smartphone everywhere we go. And just like we've replaced our point-and-shoot, smartphones have kicked dedicated digital audio players to the sideline. That being said, when we want to listen to music sans headphones, it's always good to have a little extra help by way of some external speakers...
1. Nokia Play 360 NFC Portable Speaker: This speaker is supposed to distribute sounds effectively in 360 degrees. It will play music for about 20 hours and costs $210. Once it's 'bumped' by NFC-enabled devices, it will immediately start playing tunes. Designed to specifically work with Nokia phones, it will also play nice with any Bluetooth device.
2. Soundmatters FoxLv2 Platinum Portable Speaker: This speaker has a 20-hour autonomy and comes with higher-end cabling (Evergreen from Audioquest), which is why it sells for $229. There's a non-Bluetooth version that sells for $169.
3. X-Mini KAI Speaker: This speaker has the ability to be daisy-chained, meaning that if you've got more than one, they can work together to deliver a better sound. They sell for $110.
4. Jambox:Jawbone's Jambox is definitely stylish in its design. For its small size, it delivers good sound. It comes in a few bright colors and sells for $199.
5. Logitech Z515: While it's overall look won't turn any heads, it will do fine for most people. The play time is 10 hours, so it's about half of what the more expensive speakers can do. It sells for $85 at Logitech.