Bohemian decor means texture, multiple fabrics, combined patterns, a mix of old and new, and — perhaps most of all — color. Lots and lots of deep saturated color. Here are ten projects to help you add all of the above to your space, making it more relaxed, layered and interesting.
1. Ideas Magazine (via Poppytalk
) suggests using the Rijksmuseum archives to print out images for a layered wall treatment
2. These Moroccan style end tables were made from MDF by the folks at Storefront Life
3. A plain old peacock chair was first embroidered by Design Love Fest
, then pom-pomed to finish it off.
4. Ordinary jars, which can be found in every thrift store from Orlando to Seattle, get an easy upgrade from DesignSponge
5. This requires a little more skill, but crocheters might like these lampshade instructions. There are other styles available as well from Tri Cro Tuka
6. Green Wedding Shoes
shared a tie dye canopy that would also be great for a bed or outdoor dining spot.
8. This textured, pleated lampshade comes from 101 Woonideeen
and could be customized with different fabrics, of course.
9. Ideas Magazine
thought to make a plain acrylic table something more personal with transparent vinyl.
10. Rinchin shares how to naturally dye then sew a pillow on her website, High on DIY
(Images: as linked above)