When it comes to tabletop decor, centerpieces don't always have to mean flowers and greenery. You can add a bit of bohemian flair with pretty plumes playfully tucked into your arrangements, or displayed on their own for instant glamour. Pheasant feathers are often used for adding drama to a table, but ostrich, peacock, and even plain ol' chicken feathers work beautifully too.
1. A polka dotted plume paired with bright yellow craspedia gives a fresh and fun feel. Recreate this look at casual gatherings like tea parties, baby showers, and backyard barbecues.
2. Succulents usually aren't head-turners on their own, but when they're artfully arranged in a gleaming disco pot with a peacock feather, their muted tones suddenly scream glamor!
3. When you have something as dramatic as pheasant feathers adorning your table, you don't need much else for a centerpiece. Here, they're grouped with rustic branches and simple white blooms.
4. Pheasant feathers, wheat stalks, and Oriental lilies make a statement piece that spells rustic glamour. The mix of patterns and textures is busy and bold, but works because of the warm color palette.
5. Sometimes, simple really is best. A couple of feathers tucked in a vintage glass bottle is no less festive for a fall centerpiece, and lets the edibles on the table shine.
MORE WHIMSICAL CENTERPIECES ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Tabletop Thrift: Tin Cans as Centerpieces
• In Season: Pheasant Feathers
• Thinking Outside the Gourd: Alternative Autumn Tables
(Images: 1. La Dolce Vita Photography via Style Me Pretty; 2. Sarah Yates via Style Me Pretty; 3. lunaphoto via Ruffled; 4. Bethann Greenberg via Green Wedding Shoes; 5. Heather Hawkins via Ruffled)