Vintage Welsh tapestries from the 50s, 60s, and 70s along with their contemporary counterparts, feel both charming and modern, bearing sophisticated color palettes in bright and neutral tones and deliciously complex geometric patterns.
Many traditional patterns continue to be produced and updated today by mills like Melin Tregwynt or have inspired designers such as Donna Wilson, whose Nos Da Blanket Collection (image 5) is particularly lust-worthy.
1. A Traditional Welsh 'Carthenni' Blanket featured on House to Home, similar available from Blodwen
2. Dos Na Collection by Donna Wilson
3. Undyed Caernafon pattern tapestry from Jane Beck Welsh Blankets
4. St. David's Cross pattern blankets by Melin Tregwynt
5. Welsh Wool Tapestry Blanket by Trefriw Mills from Planet Girl Vintage
6. Cold at Night blanket from fforest
7. New Traditional Welsh 'Carthenni' blanket from Blodwen
8. Welsh Tapestry Blankets and Bedcovers from Jen Jones Welsh Quilts
9. Vintage Caernafon tapestry from Jane Beck Welsh Blankets
10. Tapestry vintage blanket from Blodwen
Images: 1, Adrian Briscoe, House to Home; 2, The Future Perfect; Others as linked above