I love the streamlined look of long or oversized bolster pillows and lumbar pillows both on the bed and on the sofa. More streamlined and tailored than a gaggle of smaller throw pillows, a single long rectangular pillow also means much less to clean up when the pillow(s) inevitably end up on the floor! Buy your favorite fabric and make your own pillow cover (as done in Image 3) or buy one of the pillows profiled below, which range from super budget to super pricey.Images:
• 1 From left to right: Home Edit. I love this room and the nice long lumbar pillow on the sofa! Love the super long silk bolster on this sofa from Elle Decor. One of my favorite rooms ever. the bold green bolster on the sofa is a big part of the room's charms. From Mix & Chic.\
• 2 From top left, clockwise: John Robshaw Garland bolster, $200. Aztec border pillow, Gore Dean, $162.50. Jasper bolster from Hudson, $224. Sailor rectangle pillows from Unison, $52. Zipper Ink pillow from Room & Board, $119. Tree white and charcoal pillow from Room & Board, $49. In the center is a traditional Turkish bolster pillow from Yurdan, $10.20.
• 3 Little Green Notebook recently featured this redecorated room with a fantastic bolster pillow, which the bloggers made from a fabulous Josef Frank fabric: the Ceylon from Just Scandinavian.
• 4 Floral batik pillow from Whitlock & Co. on Etsy, $35.
• 5 Bolster pillows from The Bolster Queens on Etsy, $130 for 2.
• 6 Ticking pillow at Octavi on Etsy, $45.
• 7 Massive bolster pillow from Independent Reign on Etsy, $110.
• 8 oversized lumbar covered in Kravet Windsor Smith Riad linen fabric in Dune from Kloe Studio on Etsy, $68.
• 9 Ikat lumbar pillow from Yiaylas on Etsy, $45.
• 10 Striped body pillow cover from Kloe Studio on Etsy, $64.
Sources: As credited above.