In looking for examples of artwork based on children's books, I found myself overwhelmed with so many things I wanted, I have to admit that I went a little crazy! Not only did I have an image of my kids' rooms with no white space on their walls anymore, but I had every room in the house decorated with book covers and book inspired artwork.
Besides the amazing things one can find on art.com, here's what I found:
• Drseussart.com is an amazing resource of actual Dr. Seuss original works, including illustration works (which is great for a child's room), but also some of his surrealist works, as well as ad campaigns and political cartoons.
Where The Wild Things Are:
• A wooden "rumpus" sign would definitely be an appropriate addition to my living-room/play room.
• A cute mobile.
• This showcase of 24 artists who were inspired by the Maurice Sendak's story features some amazing art.
The Little Prince:
• The Wintry Little Prince by Sandra Vargas portrays a very touching Little Prince with beautiful big green eyes (her Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz is very nice as well).
• Another nice print you can buy is from Laura di Francesco.
• Finally I really like this over-the-top framed print.
• Tintin on the moon is visually beautiful, and would fit great in a kid's room.
• Another nice rendition can be found at redbubble.com.
• This last one showcasing scenes from The Crab and Golden Claws is pretty cool, and would probably fit anywhere in the house.
A few DIY:
• A tutorial on how to make wall art inspired by The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
• Turning a book into a clock.
• Using a book as an invisible shelf.
• Using a torn up book to make art with your children.
(images as linked above)