Design: Bottles of Hope
Materials: LEDs, medical vials, electrical wire, aluminum
Designer: Peter Sid
Location: Santa Monica, California
Price Point: $2500 — A portion of the proceeds will be donated to charity. (I work with bottlesofhope.org and teamintraining.org.)
"I was inspired by the idea of using ordinary objects to make something beautiful and functional. I was driven by the idea of using design to take something most people would consider ugly, and change it into something stunning."
"The choice to use Leds was easy. They are small, energy efficient and inexpensive. Plus they have an amazing soft glow to them. There are 108 vials and led lights all individually wired."
I also made my walnut dining table and benches and it doubles as (the worlds most beautiful) work bench.
George Nakashima. He is the grandmaster of woodworking. Nakashima created a style that is copied years later. His work is timeless, natural and unique.
Hans Wegner 3 legged shell chair. This design is completely different then my personal aesthetic, but whenever I see it in person, I can't resist sitting in one. Also I love the history and story of the design.
- 3 finalist entries will be posted on Monday, 9/27 (no voting yet)
- 3 more finalist entries will be posted on Tuesday, 9/28 (no voting yet)
- VOTING BEGINS on Wednesday, 9/29 at 11:30 am EST with an announcement
- VOTING CLOSES on Friday, 10/1 at 5:00 pm EST
- Two winners will be chosen: 1 judge favorite and 1 crowd favorite
- WINNERS ANNOUNCED on Friday