Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Rochester , NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love the original bungalow character of my home. Simple things like the old hex tile on the bathroom floor, wooden medicine cabinet, chunky baseboards, wooden windows, Chambers stove and solid oak front door give this house an established, yet unassuming feel.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- There have been a few challenges living in a small house. One has been the lack of a linen closet. I wish very much that this house had one since the little closet space it has needs to be devoted to clothes. As a result, all of my linens are stored in the trunk at the foot of my bed instead. In addition, having no dishwasher in the kitchen has not been ideal. There’s not even a very good spot to install a small one. As far as that goes I’ve had to learn to appreciate the dish rack as part of the “vintage charm “of the house.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- If my home was the National Grand Prize Winner I'd either use the money replace the driveway with environmentally friendly crushed stone wrapped with a paver border or install an apron sink and soapstone countertops to make doing dishes more enjoyable.
See all entries